Civil Celebrant Training That Really Works!
Classroom Training HEAD OFFICE in BANBURY, LONDON (Croydon), LEEDS (Centre) and NORTHAMPTON (Weedon)
Online Training - Worldwide - Start Anytime.
Welcome by David Abel (Founder and CEO)
Being a celebrant is a wonderful job.
Thanks to the detailed training and mentorship we very much hope you will love what you do as a Civil Celebrant too.
If I was in the market to choose a training provider for weddings and/or funerals it would be an essential requirement the course leaders were experienced celebrants themselves. FOIC has a proven track record in celebrant training.
We have video clips of celebrants testifying they were busy within weeks of completing their training.
You will be taught how to prepare and conduct ceremonies for all occasions.
- You will learn how to manage your Funeral and/or Wedding Celebrant business.
- To stand out from the crowd you will be shown how to promote and market your services.
- You will learn the skills required to be a Funeral and Wedding Celebrant.
- You are trained to a UK National Qualification standard - not International, Australian or American!
- You will be leaving with the skills required to be a Wedding and/or Funeral Celebrant.
You have the choice between Classroom or Online (Distance Learning Training).
- FOIC is an organisation that trains and certifies Celebrants to a very high standard in the industry.
- FOIC in partnership with NOCN Level 3 ‘Certificate’ & ‘Diploma’ UK Qualifications
- FOIC are passionate about ceremony and ritual (Celebrations, Weddings and Funerals)
- FOIC provide Continual Learning Development with regular webinars and workshops
- FOIC regularly arrange 'Regional Meetings' - mini training sessions + speakers (guests welcome by invitation)
- NO OTHER TRAINING PROVIDER Offers The Same (or even close) as FOIC.
That's a Fact!
The best Celebrants are the ones who can walk into a room of perfect strangers, sit amongst them and gain their trust by listening to their stories, their hurts, their grief, and then put together a service that honours that life and gives voice to the memories and the needs of that family.
FOIC Celebrants frequently hear two things immediately following a funeral service:
“You must have known 'Katie' very well.” This means the celebrant captured the essence and told the story in such a way that people thought we were just talking about a dear friend.
“We couldn’t have done it without you.” This means the family knew the celebrant was walking with them on their most difficult days, offering our talents to be their voice, and they felt heard, understood and comforted by our presence.
FOIC are Totally Transparent. A proven record of 'walking the walk'
We regularly arrange regional meetings and continual development workshops. Does any other celebrant training organisation offer this?
FOIC provide ongoing mentoring, again free of charge.
FOIC are at the cutting edge of the celebrant industry.
Talk to FOIC celebrants and then make an educated decision as to whether we are the best option for you.
No other training provider offers the same (or even close) as FOIC. That's a fact!
Come and SEE for yourself at our next Regional Meeting. Take a Look - Be Our Guest!
Join celebrants on July 20th - CROYDON (Hallmark Hotel) (email FOIC for details).
Join celebrants on September 21st - NORTHAMPTON (Weedon) (email FOIC for details).
One Day Workshop details (FOIC Celebrants only)
“The energy and enthusiasm from all who are involved in FOIC is incredible; David is the catalyst and one just can't help but be inspired by his energy and commitment to what he does.” Karen Spencer
“Dear David, I led my first baby funeral service yesterday. Your training meant that I was able to go to the family meeting feel calmer and was in a position to offer proper and full support. Leading the service was the single most rewarding thing I've done in my life. Thanks for your steady hand, wisdom and advice during our training session. Little xxxxx passed away aged just one day but he got the loving service he deserved and that his parents deeply needed. Best wishes and thanks again.” Kathryn S.
“Just wanted to say a huge ‘Thank you’ to yourself and Amanda. I thought the training was very thorough and the passion and compassion you both have for the work you do really shines through… It is also infectious!” Helen Pollitside
Can I become a Funeral Celebrant?
There are no legal requirements to becoming a celebrant, but in our experience we find that if you have the following, you will be a popular celebrant … anywhere in the world!
- Smart appearance
- Pleasing personality
- Good diction
- Ability to prepare and follow a script
- Confidence in leadership
- Capable of talking to a group of people
- Own transportation
- Access to a computer, printer & phone
Who are FOIC? Read about the Team here
The FOIC is privately owned company with its head office in Oxfordshire committed to the development, growth and training in celebrancy to the highest standards.
FOIC hold a national creditation to an Ofqual awarding body, the National Open College Network (NOCN).
Just want to say how excellent the Banbury training was. It far exceeded my expectations and has left me feeling very excited about the future. I want to put my new found skills into practice as soon as possible and cant wait. Steve G (Funeral Director)